Sunday, April 5, 2009

East Side 3/31

Totally hosed. The weatherman was saying Tuesday would be the warm sunny day for the week. Nope. Rained all night and 40 degrees and cloudy all day. Not even much of a breeze to dry things off. Derrek, Kel and I went out anyway. They'd not been up to the East Side so we went up hoping Blunt Force would be dry. It was dry enough, but the temps were miserable. I did Blunt and then jumped on Screaming Pigeon Bitch but my hands got so cold they swelled up and wouldn't close properly. Some of the lower section was wet too and I couldn't feel my fingers at all.

Kel came inches from on-sighting Blunt Force- a proud, proud effort. He totally crushed the low side-pull cruxy bit. I think if it wasn't cold and wet, he would have sent. Kel then had a good solid go at Screaming Pigeon too. I hope we get him out a bunch this summer; he's totally qualified to climb some of our best routes and I'm sure he'll dig them.

Kel wokring Screaming Pigeon Bitch

Derrek's ring finger seems to be healing (from having stuck a half-inch drill bit through the pad). He made great progress on Blunt Force and he went on to send a few days later...

Derrek on the start of Blunt Force

I'm starting to get really amped to get back up on a nice day and work on Pastry Rage. I think it'll go down quickly. Unfortunately, there is a TON of terrible weather coming... looks like no climbing this weekend.

Derrek on the start of Blunt Force

No comments:

Post a Comment